for wild nights when the wind roars through the trees and witches ride the skies
1.Go (feat. Blood Diamonds) /Grimes 2.Science/Visions /CHVRCHES 3.Creepshow /Kerli 4.Belispeak /Purity Ring 5.Pure Imagination /Fiona Apple 6.Valley of the Dolls /Marina and the Diamonds 7.Carousel /Melanie Martinez 8.Haunted /Beyoncé 9.Gods & Monsters/ Lana Del Rey 10.Your Lips Are Red /St. Vincent 11.Easy (Switch Screen)feat. Lorde /sonlux 12.Psychobabble /Frou Frou 13.Mission /Kerli 14.Papi Pacify /FKA Twigs 15.Controversy /Natalia Kills 16.Seven Devils /Florence + The Machine 17.Wolf & I /Oh Land 18.Lost Tree /VersaEmerge
When I first started University I was so excited to start being more independent! Had absolutely everything planned out! Until I got there and had to do my first food shop.
But, what should I buy?!
If you’re the same, or if you just want some advice on what your fridge should be stocked with to ensure you stay away from the notorious ready meal then read ahead! I’ve tried to keep it as clean/healthy as possible but it’s totally adaptable to whatever you want/need :)
Fruit and veggies:
- Berries (frozen berries are cheaper than fresh!)
- Lemons (great as condiments or sliced up in hot water, too)
- Grapes (Try freezing them as a summer snack, too!)
- Onions (I always have onions in my cupboard!)
Basically any fruit or veg you like that’s in season! Click here for a great info sheet about when food is in what season!
- Cottage Cheese
- Nuts and nut butters
- Almond Milk
Grains and ‘good carbs’
- Brown rice
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
- Sweet potato
Any bread you want, make sure it’s brown/wholemeal at least. Ezekiel bread is also great
Fats and oils
- Sunflower seeds
- All natural nut butters (no sugar and no added salt)
- Coconut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
Dairy and non-dairy alternatives
(If you eat dairy, obviously)
- Greek yoghurt
- Semi-skimmed/skimmed milk
- Cottage cheese
- Organic yoghurt
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk
- Rice milk
- Black beans
- Chick peas
- Peanuts/peanut butter (yep, peanuts are technically a legume!)
Condiments and seasonings
- Tabasco sauce
- Low salt soy sauce
- Raw honey
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mixed dried herbs
- Freeze-dried basil
- Lazy garlic
- Flour (any type you like)
- Canned beans
- Canned tomatoes
- Oxo cubes
- Canned sweetcorn
Other general tips about shopping
- Keep an extra loaf of bread in the freezer just in case
- Keep a spare pint of milk in the freezer just in case
- Start a weekly food planner to make sure you’re eating healthily and saving money on your food shop
- If you’re having leftovers, it’s best not to re-heat pork, bacon or shellfish
- If you’re not vegan/veggie, buy a whole chicken and cook it. You can use the meat for several meals such as sandwiches, curries, risottos, baked potatoes, salads etc.
- Click here for a bunch of posts dedicated to help you with your shopping lists!
Part of my Student Survival Guide
History Meme - 3/6 Women - The Radium Girls"Not to worry," their bosses told them. "If you swallow any radium, it’ll make your cheeks rosy." The women at Radium Dial sometimes painted their teeth and faces and then turned off the lights for a laugh.
From: ‘Radium Girls’ By Martha Irvine, Associated Press, Buffalo News, 1998
The US Radium Corporation a factory in Orange, New Jersey around 1917 employed young women as painters to paint radium on the dials on watchers. The girls would use their lips to paint the brushes and with every time they painted their brushes, they would ingest a small portion of the radium.
Radium is an alpha particle and can do severe damage once ingested. The Radium moved to the bone and continue to emit radiation for the rest of the girl’s lives because of the long half-life of Radium. It damaged the cells by the none and caused bone Cancer in many of the girls.
During the 1920s, a group of these women sued the US Radium Corporation. Some of the victims won a small portion of money thus becoming the first to receive compensation for occupational injury.
(read more here)
lifehack: kiss me. just kiss me. oh my god i just want a kiss pls kiss me
Play The Game | Cophine fanmix | Listen
Play The Game - Beach House / Never Look Away - Vienna Teng / Que Veux-Tu (Madeon Remix) - Yelle / She’s Got You High - Mumm-Ra / Bittersweet (Freemasons Edit) - Sophie Ellis-Bextor / Covered - Uh Huh Her / Black Mirror - Arcade Fire / Stupid - Sarah McLachlan / My Heart is Refusing Me - Loreen / My Blood - Ellie Goulding / Crying for No Reason - Katy B / You - Keaton Henson / Just Like Heaven (The Cure cover) - The Watson Twins / It’s Not Over Yet (Klaxons cover) - Goldfrapp
Flower Power by Mike Garten
Moon phase dress by graciechai
Vegan Apple Spice Bread
(adapted from this recipe)
1¾ cups flour
¾ cups granulated white sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon vinegar
1½ cups apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped and then cooked down for about 20 minutes
FINISHING TOUCH INGREDIENTS
1 Tablespoon demerara sugar OR 1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon combined
- Grease and dust a standard-sized loaf pan with flour. Preheat the oven to 330F (165C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into that. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Once they are combined, pour into the prepared pan.
- Scatter demerara sugar OR cinnamon sugar (I used cinnamon sugar in the photo above) over the top and bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned and a skewer inserted inside comes out clean.
Allow the loaf to cool on a wire rack before cutting. The crumb will become more dense and easy to slice on the next day. Vegan Apple Spice Bread should keep, sealed airtight, for 3 to 4 days.
Addendums to this recipe, since I’m baking it right now:
Use more than 1 ½ cups apples, because it tastes even better with the more apples you put in it. No need to cook them down, either. Just throw them on in there as soon as you’ve cut them up, and they’ll cook just as well and taste even better.
you are good enough; a mix to remind urself how important u are [listen]
ain’t it fun paramore, best day of my life american authors, alligator sky owl city, cape cod kwassa kwassa vampire weekend, nine in the afternoon panic! at the disco, what you know two door cinema club, girls the 1975, love on top beyonce, naive the kooks, kids mgmt, white teeth teens lorde, settle down the 1975, here comes the sun the beatles, on top of the world imagine dragons, the moon song karen o. ft. ezra koenig, everlasting arms vampire weekend, the love club lorde, give your heart a break demi lovato, treasure bruno mars